Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mystery People

Not really Sunday graffitti, not really underground art.

Let me share with you my confusion: I have come across these mystery people (they are actual stickers) on walls everywhere around the Ixelles area. You have to imagine the stickers not being bigger than the size of a palm. This photo was taken just above the pavement at the street level.

Who are these people, what do they stand for, what is the message? You have no idea how confused, and mostly curious I am to find out! Help me out here.
Tagged with:

11 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

very odd

not seen anything like it before.

Sally said...

Fantastic! I will check back to see if anyone knows. Love them.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Hi Andreea, this is very enigmatic and quite extraordinary. Just like Sally, I will come back to see if anyone has an answer to this !

Pat said...

Well, we'll all have to find out the answer to this mystery for sure. I've never seen anything like that.


Pat's Photos and
Guelph Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

I was In Brussel last week and I just found this blog today... I will comme again to see your photos who remind me my (to short) stay in your city. C'est une ville magnifique j'espère y retourner un jour, en attendant je me consolerai ici...

Unknown said...

I've seen these figures around de broukere and st catherines. they're usually placed at ground level on litter bins and lamposts.

i've asked around but i havent found out what's going on either.

Stefan Jansson said...

Amazing. Never seen anything like it before.

Mandi said...

They're great and they look so real! Now I'm curious about them too. Let us know when you find out.

Drama Queen said...

There are some near where I stay (in Ixelle) also have no idea. . .

Anonymous said...

well, it was part of an arts project, somewhere last year.
the figures are called lilliputiens by Laura Couderc.
but they are still around : http://www.maiis.be/couderec_fr.htm

eBruBlog said...

These stickers were indeed part of an Art Festival begin this year. Wonderful idea!