Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wielemans Ceuppens

Recently I have been seeing photos of this building everywhere: daily press, magazines, on TV. Intrigued, I went to see what all the hype was about this Wielemand Ceuppens brewery.

No longer will this building serve as a brewery. Finally Brussels will have its very own Contemporary Art Center in the Wiels (the new name of the building). Which explains the hype around this modernist building by Adrien Blomme. There will be a cinema, conference and concert rooms, a cafe-restaurant and a bookshop.

The grand opening is planned for the 25th May 2007.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a nice building for the purpose you explain. I really like the photograph.

Today I show my wife, of 52 years, and President Bush's jet that is carrying his automobiles.

Abraham Lincoln

Sally said...

I certainly hope there is no decline in superb belgian beer! Tho an arts centre is always welcome...